ANGELA M. SPARROW, PHD
- McLean title(s): Postdoctoral Fellow
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-2083
- Fax: 617-855-2023
- Office Address: MRC 215-C
- Degree(s): Angela received her B.S. in Behavioral Neuroscience from Northeastern University in 2006 and her Ph.D. in Behavioral Neuroscience with a minor in Neurobiology from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2011.
- Bio: Angela is interested in alterations in brain function following addiction, leading to tolerance and dependence and how these changes affect mood disorders and relapse. Her doctoral work utilized an animal model of binge-like ethanol consumption and focused on the role of Neuropeptide Y on this behavior. She also examined how repeated exposure to binge-like ethanol consumption produced subsequent changes to this peptide system. At McLean Hospital, Angela works in the Behavioral Genetics Laboratory with Dr. Elena Chartoff to examine ERK signaling following activation of the kappa opioid receptors and how this signaling cascade is involved with brain reward functions.