ALEXANDER VUCKOVIC, MD
- Harvard title(s): Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- McLean title(s): Medical Director, The Pavilion at McLean Hospital
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 617-855-3570
- Fax: 617-855-3477
- 1977 BS University of Notre Dame
- 1981 MD Harvard Medical School; Harvard-MIT Program in Health Sciences and Technology
- 1981-1982 PGY-I Residency, McLean Hospital and Mount Auburn Hospital
- 1982-1985 PGY-II-IV Residency in Psychiatry, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA
- Board Certifications(s):
- 1982 Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- 1986 Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Clinical Interests: Psychopharmacology of Affective Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, and Psychotic Disorders. Running, reading, and writing.
- Bio: Alex Vuckovic, MD, is clinical assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and has been medical director of The Pavilion at McLean Hospital for the past decade, where he has overseen the care of more than 1000 patients. Dr. Vuckovic has spent his entire 25-year post-residency career immersed in the diagnosis, clinical care and management of major psychiatric illnesses, including more than ten years treating the most difficult tertiary care referrals as psychiatrist-in-charge at McLean Hospital's Psychotic Disorders Program.
Dr. Vuckovic has published extensively, including the results of many original studies, as well as retrospective reviews of the pharmacologic treatment of depressive illness and psychotic disorders. He has been selected by his peers as one of the Best Doctors in America for ten consecutive years. Dr. Vuckovic is a Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.