BLAISE AGUIRRE, MD
- Harvard title(s): Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Medical Director - Adolescent DBT Center
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (617) 855-3331
- Office Address: 115 Mill Street - East House, Belmont, MA 02478
- 1989 M.D. University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 1991-1994 Boston University School of Medicine Residency in Psychiatry
- 1990 Rotating Internship VAMC Boston, MA
- 1994-1996 Boston Medical Center Boston, Massachusetts Child and Adolescent Fellowship
- Board Certifications(s):
- 1996 American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Board Certified in Psychiatry
Dr. Aguirre is an expert in child, adolescent and adult psychotherapy, including dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and psychopharmacology. He is the founding medical director of 3East at Harvard - affiliated McLean Hospital, a unique, residential DBT program for young women exhibiting self-endangering behaviors and borderline personality traits (BPD). Dr. Aguirre has been a staff psychiatrist at McLean since 2000 and is nationally and internationally recognized for his extensive work in the treatment of mood and personality disorders in adolescents. He lectures regularly in Europe, Africa and The Middle East on BPD and DBT.
Dr. Aguirre is the author of Borderline Personality Disorder in Adolescents: A Complete Guide to Understanding and Coping When Your Adolescent Has BPD and Depression (Biographies of Disease). He is a co-author of Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder: Relieve Your Suffering Using the Core Skill of Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Helping Your Troubled Teen: Learn to Recognize, Understand, and Address the Destructive Behavior of Today's Teens.
- Aguirre B., Galen G. (2013) Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder: Relieve Your Suffering Using the Core Skill of Dialectical Behavior Therapy. New Harbinger
- Sastry A., Aguirre B. (2012). Parenting Your Child with Autism: Practical Solutions, Strategies, and Advice for Helping Your Family. New Harbinger
- Aguirre B. (2008). Biographies of Disease: Depression. Wesport, CT. Greenwood Press.
- Aguirre B. (November 2007). Borderline Personality Disorder in Adolescents: A Complete Guide to Understanding and Coping When Your Adolescent Has BPD. Fair Winds Press.
- Kaplan C., Aguirre B., Rater M. (2007). Helping Your Troubled Teen: Learn to Recognize, Understand, and Address the Destructive Behavior of Today's Teens and Preteens. Beverly, MA. Fair Winds Press