BRUCE M. COHEN, MD, PHD
- Harvard title(s): Robertson-Steele Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- McLean title(s): Director, Shervert Frazier Research Institute, McLean Hospital
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-3227
- Fax: 617-855-3670
- Office Address: Mailman Research Center, Room 303, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478
- 1969 S.B. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 1975 M.D. Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1975 Ph.D. Case Western Reserve University, Department of Biology, Cleveland, Ohio (Molecular Genetics)
- 1975-1978 Residency in Psychiatry, McLean Hospital
- 1977-1978 Chief Resident, McLean Hospital
- 1977-1979 Research Fellow in Psychiatry, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital
- Board Certifications(s):
- 1976 National Board of Medical Examiners
- 1976 Massachusetts Medical License
- 1979 American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Bio: Dr. Cohen is President and Psychiatrist in Chief Emeritus at McLean Hospital, having led McLean from 1997 through 2005, after which he became head of the Shervert Frazier Research Institute. He has been Director of the Molecular Pharmacology Laboratory at McLean Hospital since 1985.
Following undergraduate studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and graduate and medical studies at Case Western Reserve University, Dr. Cohen completed his residency training at McLean Hospital, where he established a clinical practice and an externally funded program of clinical and laboratory-based research.
Dr. Cohen is a board-certified psychiatrist with a PhD in biology. His research activities focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with psychotic and affective disorders, including bipolar disorders and schizophrenia, and psychiatric disorders of late life. In this work, he has used pharmacologic, brain imaging, epidemiologic, molecular and animal model approaches to study psychiatric illness. He has a total of over 400 manuscripts, abstracts, and book chapters describing the results of this work.
- Curriculum vitæ: (MS Word format)