BENJAMIN C. ZIRLIN
- McLean title(s): Sr. Technical Research Assistant Integrative Neurobiology Lab
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-4102
- Office Address: Mailman Research Center, Room 313, Bay A
- BS in Biology, University of North Texas
- MMSc in Anesthesiology, Emory University
- Bio: Ben began working in the Cowan Lab in 2008, at UTSW Medical Center in Dallas, TX. After taking two years to obtain his Master's Degree, he returned to the Cowan Lab in 2013 to work at McLean Hospital. He is currently involved with projects that include such topics as autism and drug addiction.
- Taniguchi, M., Carreira, M.B., Smith, L.N., Zirlin, B.C., Neve, R.L., Cowan, C.W. Histone Deacetylase 5 limits cocaine reward through cAMP-induced nuclear import. Neuron, 73(1), 108-120 (2012).
- Hale, C.F., Dietz, K.C., Varela, J.A., Wood, C.B., Zirlin, B.C., Leverich, L.S., Greene, R.W., Cowan, C.W. Essential role for Vav GEFs in brain-derived neurotrophic factor-induced dendritic spine growth and synapse plasticity. J. Neuroscience, 31(35), 12426-12436 (2011).