EVAN D. MURRAY, M.D.
- Harvard title(s): Instructor, Department of Neurology
- McLean title(s): Director of Encephalography (EEG), Neurology Clerkship Director, Associate Fellowship DirectorSidney R. Baer Fellowship in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (617) 855-3134
- Fax: (617) 855-3731
- Office Address: Department of Neurology, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont MA 02478
- 1994 M.D. Tufts University School of Medicine
- 1994-1995 Intern, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- 1995-1998 Resident in Neurology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center/National Naval Medical Center (National Capital Consortium)
- 2002-2003 Clinical Neurophysiology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center/National Naval Medical Center (National Capital Consortium)
- 2005-2007 Behavioral Neurology, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Board Certifications(s):
- 1999- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2003- Electrophysiology, American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- 2005- Clinical Neurophysiology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2008- Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry, United Council of Neurologic Subspecialties
- Clinical Interests: Dr. Murray's interests include clinical research in the assessment of cognitive capacity in persons suffering from Alzheimer's disease, neurodegenerative disorders and mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Dr. Murray has extensive clinical experience in the fields of neurology and neuroscience. While in the United States Army, he served as Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology at Uniformed Services University F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine in Bethesda, Maryland, Chief of the Neuroscience Center at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and as neurology teaching faculty at the National Naval Medical Center. Dr. Murray has also held appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, Washington and as Chief of Neurophysiology and Director of the Sleep Disorders and Epilepsy Clinics at the Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington. He completed the Sidney R. Baer Fellowship in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School in 2007, and joined the teaching faculty of McLean Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. He is also on staff in the Department of Neurology, Cognitive Neurology Division, at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Murray has been the recipient of various awards including the Health Professions Scholarship, the Young Investigator Award and Career Development Award from the American Neuropsychiatric Association. Dr. Murray serves on committees at a national level being both Chair of the Finance and Development Committee and on the board of the Scientific Program Committee for the American Neuropsychiatric Association. He has coauthored chapters in nationally and internationally recognized reference textbooks.