JOANNA SALMON , PHD, MBA
- Harvard title(s): Clinical Postdoctoral Fellow
- McLean title(s): Senior Fellow
- Office Address: Department of Neuropsychology, McLean Hospital
- Undergraduate degree, New York University
- M.S., Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Pacific Graduate School of Psychology
- M.B.A., Management/Leadership, University of San Francisco
- Bio: Joanna Salmon Ph.D., MBA is the senior fellow within the Department of Neuropsychology, and holds an academic appointment with Harvard Medical School as a clinical postdoctoral fellow. After completing her undergraduate degree at New York University, Dr. Salmon moved to California to complete her graduate studies. There, she earned a Master of Science degree and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Clinical Psychology, as well as a Certificate in Neuropsychological Assessment, from Pacific Graduate School of Psychology. At this time, she also completed a Master of Business Administration with a Management/Leadership emphasis from the University of San Francisco. She trained as an intern at Metropolitan State Hospital in Los Angeles County with severely mentally ill and forensic populations before returning to the east coast to complete post doctoral training. Dr. Salmon has strong interests in geriatrics, dementia and the cognitive changes associated with aging. Her other interests include executive assessment and development, with special regard to translating cognitive strengths to professional success. In her personal time, Dr. Salmon enjoys traveling, visiting museums and hiking with her dog, Sasha.