MARIA BEATRIZ CARREIRA
- McLean title(s): Graduate student (University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center) Integrative Neurobiology Laboratory
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 617-855-4102
- Office Address: Mailman 313
- Degree(s): Maria earned her B.S./B.A. in Neuroscience and Psychology in 2007 and a Masters in Applied Cognition and Neuroscience from The University of Texas at Dallas in 2009. Her work in Dr. Christa McIntyre's lab at UTD characterized the effects of posttraining clenbuterol infusion into the basolateral amygdala (BLA) on conditioned cue preference and regulation of Arc in the dorsal hippocampus.
- Bio: Maria joined the graduate school at UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2009 and formally joined the Cowan lab shortly thereafter in 2010. Her work in the Cowan lab has focused on understanding epigenetic regulation in the context of cocaine-related behaviors. Her dissertation work specifically focuses on the regulation of class IIa histone deacetylases by cocaine and their role in cocaine-dependent behaviors such as the conditioned place preference assay and the rat intravenous self-administration model.
- Publications: PubMed Search Carreira MB[au]