MATEJ MARKOTA, MD
- McLean title(s): Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Translational Neuroscience Laboratory
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-2084
- Office Address: MRC 3rd floor
- M.D., Medical Faculty of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Bio: Matej's interest in the pathophysiology of psychiatric diseases began during his undergraduate studies at Medical Faculty of Ljubljana, Slovenia. In 2007 Matej joined the Translational Neuroscience Laboratory for a period of four months, where he was introduced to using a "partial animal model of schizophrenia" to study the interrelatedness of neurochemical abnormalities found in the cortico-limbic system in schizophrenia. In 2010 he received an MD degree and decided to dedicate his professional path to studying the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. A year latter Matej returned to Translational Neuroscience Laboratory under the direction of Dr. Sabina Berretta. He is currently involved in using postmortem studies to better understand the pathophysiology of extracellular matrix abnormalities in patients with schizophrenia.