MONA PATEL POTTER, MD
- Harvard title(s): Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Medical Director, McLean Anxiety Mastery Program; Medical Director, 3 East Cambridge Residence
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-3011
- Fax: 617-441-4092
- Office Address: 115 Mill Street, Mailstop 335, Belmont, MA 02478
- 1995 - 1999 Bachelor of Music, magna cum laude, Vanderbilt University
- 1999 - 2003 MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha
- 2003 - 2007 Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2007 - 2009 Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- Bio: Dr. Potter is a child and adolescent psychiatrist who is experienced in a wide range of therapeutic techniques, including psychopharmacology, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and family-interventions. Prior to her positions as Medical Director of the McLean Anxiety Mastery Program and the 3 East Cambridge Residence, Dr. Potter provided diagnostic evaluations, psychopharmacologic management, and individual/family therapy for adolescents with co-occurring addictions and psychiatric illness at the Dual Diagnosis Adolescent Residential Treatment (ART) Unit. She also helped develop a longer-term residential program, The Landing, for adolescents in need of more intense treatment for substance abuse and psychiatric comorbidity. Dr. Potter is skilled in working with patients who struggle with mood and anxiety disorders, personality disorders, ADHD, eating disorders, substance abuse, and trauma. She also consults to schools on issues related to child and adolescent mental health, and helped develop a curriculum for teaching emotion self-regulation skills in schools.
Dr. Potter received her medical degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, where she was elected into Alpha Omega Alpha national honor medical society. She completed her residency in adult psychiatry and fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital Residency Training Program. She is appointed as Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and provides supervision and teaching to residents and fellows in the MGH/McLean psychiatry training programs.
- Curriculum vitæ: (PDF format)