YOUNG CHA, PHD
- McLean title(s): Postdoctoral Fellow
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 617-855-2045
- Fax: 617-855-3479
- Office Address: Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Mail Stop 149
- B.A. 2003
- M.S. 2005
- Ph.D. 2011
- Clinical Interests: Generation of induced pluripotent stem cells using non-viral method
- Bio: Young Cha received his Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics from CHA University in Aug. 2011. He joined the Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory in 2012 as Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Publications: (Selected)
- *Park KS, *Cha Y, Kim CH, Ahn HJ, Kim D, Ko S, Kim KH, Chang MY, Ko JH, Noh YS, Han YM, Kim J, Song J, Kim JY, Tesar PJ, Lanza R, Lee KA, Kim KS. (2012) Transcription elongation factor Tcea3 regulates the pluripotent differentiation potential of mouse embryonic stem cells, via the Lefty1- Nodal-Smad2 pathway. Stem Cells Nov 21. doi: 10.1002/stem.1284. [Epub ahead of print] (* co-first author)
- Ahn HJ, Cha Y, Moon SH, Jung JE, Park KS. (2012) Ell3 enhances differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells by regulating epithelial-mesenchymal transition and apoptosis. PLoS One 7(6): e40293.
- Cha Y, Park KS. (2010) SHP2 is a downstream target of ZAP70 to regulate JAK1/STAT3 and ERK signaling pathways in mouse embryonic stem cells. FEBS Lett. 584(19): 4241-4246.
- *Cha Y, *Moon BH, *Lee MO, Ahn HJ, Lee HJ, Lee KA, Fornace AJ Jr, Kim KS, Cha HJ, Park KS. (2010) Zap70 functions to maintain stemness of mouse embryonic stem cells by negatively regulating Jak1/Stat3/c-Myc signaling. Stem Cells 28(9): 1476-1486. (* co-first author)
- Cha Y, Sung MK, Jung KW, Kim HH, Lee SM, Park KS. (2008) Epigenetic deregulation of the human Oct4 promoter in mouse cells. Dev Genes Evol. ;218(10): 561-566.